|Lots of work was completed at the Lakes Music and Events Park already this Year! We could use your help for the final touches July 15 – 17.|
|There was much dirt work, electrical upgrades, fencing, drainage, seeding, levelling and other work done at the site already this summer. Most of this was done by board members and local community volunteers (with the exception of the electrical work) along with with the donation of the use of many equipment hours (see pics on our Facebook page).|
We could really use your help on July 15 – 17 to get the site ready for the the festival and two other events we are hosting in July and August (these other events provide rental income for us to re-invest into the property).
Most of the work is not as labor intensive as previous years and we have lots of small projects that can be handled by folks with limited physical abilities (please see the list below of projects to complete).
Also, we do not currently have an on-sight caretaker so we could also use help with mowing, trimming, etc., work weekend and all summer long. We have a new zero-turn lawn mower but additional mowers and trimmers would be helpful.
As usual, you can bring your camper and we will provide simple lunches on Friday and Saturday. And bring your instruments for some jamming after the work is done. Even if you can’t help with the physical work, come and provide moral support and camaraderie!
Please RSVP via email below if you can make it.
RSVP Work Weekend
LIST OF PROJECTS TO COMPLETE:
1. Install fencing around Day Parking. We have equipment to drive posts and unroll fencing. Clips are easy to do and are done by hand.
2. Stain internet shed (there are some nails in the siding that need to be driven in all the way). Shed is size of an outhouse.
3. Assemble canopy frames for Headquarters, Main Gate, CD tables, Emcee and Musicians (back of stage)
4. Spread wood chips. We have a dump trailer. Tractor/skid steer helpful.
5. Install retractable gutter system. This may be 2023 project
6. Install posts and fixtures for security lights. We have automated post hole digger.
7. WiFi project (Steve H. is lead on project)
8. Install concert entrance car port
9. Mow and trim the entire park. Additional riding lawn mowers and trimmers will help this go more quickly.
10.Trim dead branches around park
11. Burn the piles of pulled trees on Lot 4. Bring lawn chair, leaf blower and monitor fire.
12. Replace wooden posts for backs of campsites on rows G and H with rebar.
13. Put up One Way and other directional road signs around entire park.
14. Spread black dirt where needed. Small tractor or skid steer needed. Most of this dirt work is done. Small amount left.
15. Pick up small rocks and branches that are scattered around Park and stack them.
16. Apply grass seed to any new black dirt that has been spread (We have ATV’s and pull behind spreader).
|THANK YOU FROM ALL OF THE FESTIVAL COMMITTEE!!!|